Monday, January 07, 2008

Biblical Reasons to be a Critical Thinker


Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment. --Matt. 22:37-38

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." --1 Peter 3:15b

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." --Romans 1:20

"Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." --John 17:17

"I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind." --1 Cor. 14:15

"As his custom was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead. 'This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Christ,' he said." --Acts 17:2-3 (and see Acts 17:17, 18:4, 18:19 and 1 Cor. 13:11)

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ. . . ." Phil. 1:9-10

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action. --1 Peter 1:13a

No comments: